Every great idea deserves a great domain name.
Each and every domain name comes with all you need to get online.
- Domain Forwarding and Masking: Direct any domain name you own to your website. Anyone who types that domain name into their browser is taken directly to your website.
- Domain Locking: Domain locking prevents accidental or intentional transfers of domain ownership and stops anyone from redirecting your nameservers.
- Total DNS Control: Manage your domain nameserver (DNS) records and set your email, FTP, sub-domains and website location all from one control panel.
- Change of Registration: Assign your domain name to someone else or change the contacts for your domain online anytime.
- Status Alerts: Monitor the status of your domain and get instant alerts if there’s been a change.
- Auto Renew Protection: No need to watch expiration dates to make sure you renew on time! Auto renew keeps your domains, hosting, website builders, and other products in your name and under your control.
- Special savings apply only to first year of registration. You must purchase entire section to qualify for special savings.
- The final price may differ because of additional sales, fees, and promotions.
- Products will automatically renew until cancelled. You may turn off the auto-renewal feature by visiting your account.
- Change of registration may require a fee for certain domains.
Domain Alert® Pro Backorder
No need to pick up bits of information here and there. No need to constantly monitor the vital information of your registered domains or any others you’re interested in. Domain Alert® Pro services meet your every need – and your budget. Monitor domain name changes, review the list of expiring domains, and most important of all, backorder domain names so they’re yours the instant they’re available.
Domain Alert® Pro Backorder
If the name you want is already registered, you can still own it! Secure your chance to snag up a domain* the instant it becomes available.
- Includes the cost of registering the domain name.
- If you don’t get the name, you don’t lose — just re-assign to another name.
*Includes .COM, .CO, .INFO, .ORG, .NET, .ME, .MOBI, .US or .BIZ.
- Includes FREE Domain Alert Pro Monitoring for backordered domain! Additional monitoring packs available.
- Includes the cost of registering the domain name and ICANN Fee, so you can have the domain instantly.
* .COM, .INFO, .NET, .ME, .ORG, .BIZ, .MOBI, .US, or .CO
Domain Backorders is a service that helps you attempt to acquire a domain name when it becomes available for registration. It includes a Domain Monitoring membership and one year of domain name registration.
Placing a backorder does not guarantee that you will acquire the domain name. The current registrant might renew the domain name, or we might be unsuccessful in our attempt to register it for you.
This process is in place to provide each of our customers an equal opportunity to acquire domain names.
The Backorder Process
- You backorder a domain name — You can attempt to purchase a backorder for a domain name before it expires. Only one customer may place a backorder on a domain name.
- You monitor the domain name — With your free Domain Monitoring membership, you can monitor your backordered domain name and receive email notifications within 24 hours of any changes in registrar, status, expiration date, or nameservers.
- We attempt to capture the domain name — We attempt to register the domain name before the release time, and we continue to make attempts until we or another registrar captures it.
- If we capture the domain name — We award the domain name to you. We process a change of registrant and move the domain name into your account within 45 days. Your domain name is registered with us for one year from the time it enters your account.
- If we don’t capture the domain name — We email you that the backorder was unsuccessful.
If you want to capture a domain name that someone else currently has registered, you can place a backorder. Domain Backorders attempts to register the domain name if it becomes available. Or, if the domain name is listed for auction, Domain Backorders gives you instructions on how to participate.
When you purchase a backorder, you can set it as public or private. Private backorders protect your personal information by not listing it in the Whois database.
If the backorder is not successful, you can reassign it to another domain name or request a refund from our support team.
Note: Certain country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), such as .us, have residency requirements. If you want to backorder a ccTLD, see About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names) to find the Help article with its residency requirements.
Note: We’ve disabled .tc and .vg new registrations and transfers to us until further notice. We’ll turn these services back on when we resolve our registry partner issues. Renewals and transfers away are unaffected.
Some countries or geographical regions, such as .us (United States) and .me (Montenegro), sponsor country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs). These two-letter domain name extensions have special rules and requirements. For example, they vary widely in their registration lengths and criteria, automatic renewal dates, domain name contact changes, and even transfer procedures.
Read the respective Help article for a ccTLD extension prior to purchasing it, renewing it, backordering it, transferring it, bidding on it, changing your contact information for it, or changing its nameservers.
For more information about ccTLDs, see this article about domain name registries around the world.
Use WHOIS to see if a domain is available.